Datum College provides a range of services to support students during their time studying with us. We understand the difficulties students may face in settling into a foreign environment and we have a Student Services Department (SSD) available to offer personal and friendly assistance to students.
All Datum staff have the responsibility to support their students and understand the process of referring students to the designated staff for different aspects of the services.
Student Services Officers are the first point of contact for students via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Student Services Officers will be responsible for:
- Providing students with up-to-date details of Datum’s support services.
- Handling student enquiries about course timetables, classroom arrangements, facilities and hospitality of Datum.
- Organising student orientation.
- Receiving student complaints and referring complaints to the RTO Manager.
- Providing students with information about Datum attendance and course progress requirements.
- Assisting students regarding WHS matters (advising the availability of sick bay and first aid kit).
- Providing information to students related to requests for leave, changes to courses and cancellations, and forwarding the request to the Admissions Manager for processing where relevant.
All Datum academic staff are responsible for providing academic support to all students. Students can access one-on-one learning support with the Datum Learning Advisor. Students can make appointments with the Learning Advisor via email (email@example.com) or through the Student Services Officers.
The Learning Advisor is responsible for:
- Accessing the LLN test reports and identifying specific learning support needs.
- Planning and delivering academic workshops on academic integrity, academic skills and learning styles.
- Referring students to welfare support and/or English support as appropriate.
- Helping students better understand their assessment requirements as appropriate.
Student Welfare Counsellor
The Student Welfare Counsellor is available for all Datum students and provides counselling based on appointment.
Students can contact the Student Welfare Counsellor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consultation on:
- Stress due to study
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and mental problems that affect their study and life and
- Advice on student workplace issues